Sunday, December 15, 2019

Week 17: Caring for Kids at Christmas


A big blessing in my life is working at a job that doesn't feel much like work, for a company that feels a whole lot like family.

I'm a real estate agent with the Keller Williams, Milwaukee North Shore office and I feel so lucky to be doing what I'm doing, alongside some of the most energizing, encouraging, knowledgeable, collaborative, and kind people!

A large part of our holiday party this weekend was the toy drive we held for Sojourner Truth House, the largest nonprofit provider of domestic violence prevention and intervention services in Wisconsin.


I took my son shopping with me for our donated gift a few days before the party. We discussed the experiences that might bring the children to the Sojourner Family Peace Center and what they might like to receive. When I mentioned LEGO, a family favorite of ours, he said that would be good for a boy or girl of any age. I was sold!

"We need to get a base plate too," he reminded me, "that way they have something to build on if they want to keep their creation."

I'm so thankful he thought of that! And my prayer for it's recipient is that they have a peaceful home to keep their LEGO masterpiece in after Christmas, and that they all know safety and love and security in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment