Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 25: Diaper Delivery


I was thinking of my friend Mary when I added "deliver diapers to a friend who had a baby" to my list of Kindness Countdown ideas many moons ago.  She is a friend who had three daughters just younger than my own children when she announced she was pregnant with twins at the end of last summer.  Two months later she announced both babies were boys! 

Her little men were born earlier this week and are healthy and handsome.  My kids and I had fun buying newborn diapers and wipes for them.  "These are for babies under 10 pounds!  That's so tiny!" my daughter exclaimed when she read the package. 


We left the gifts and a "Keep Calm and Carry On" card (I thought it seemed appropriate for a mama of three school-aged girls and twin newborn boys) on their porch while the family was away, probably visiting their newest family members in the hospital.  What a fun adventure their life has become! 

My kids asked, as we drove home, about what visitors that came to the hospital on the days they were born.  While I tell them their birth story each year on their birthdays, we hadn't really talked about visiting each other when my younger children were born.  It was nice to remember those early days of getting to know each other and fun to recall the kids' reactions to first meeting each other. 

I have a whole lot to be thankful for and taking the time to think of my blessings has been a gift I didn't foresee in the Kindness Countdown.  What a blessing this adventure continues to be!  

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things...wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."  - Eda J. LeShan

No comments:

Post a Comment