Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 24: Dollar Donations


My life is a day-to-day balancing act...it's the only way to manage homeschooling and a career as a communication consultant.  I am fortunate to work from home 99% of the time, but last week Tuesday I had a morning client meeting in Milwaukee.  To make it work, my husband stayed home for a few bonus hours with the kids and then drove them into the city where we switched cars...me, taking the one with the kids in it home.

But first, we made a super fun Kindness Countdown stop!

We went to a dollar store in the heart of the city and peppered it with dollar bills.  Before we headed into the store I told the kids we would have to be kindness ninjas and not make too much noise; we discussed the reasons we wouldn't want to draw attention to ourselves. 

Because we enjoyed picturing children finding money in the toy department, we taped the majority of our Washingtons to dolls, puzzles, toy cars, books, crayons and hair accessories. My kids had a great time shopping for others! 




And because I am an adult who knows how NOT fun it is to spend endless money on diapers and laundry detergent, I left some for those necessities as well. 



"While earning your daily bread, be sure you share a slice with those less fortunate." - Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment