Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 29: Wishing Well


The Kindness Countdown hit the road and traveled to Nashville, Tennessee for week 29!  My mom and I took a road trip to visit our cousin where I felt fortunate to not only have days waiting to be full of laughs and memories, but also to have her by my side as I gave wishes away.

We visited the beautiful fountain show above at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center on our second day in Nashville before heading over to Broadway to listen to some music. 

In preparation for this road trip random act of kindness I wrote this little rhyme and laminated my sign to ensure it could hold it's own against the water in the fountain and the evening showers the Tennessee forecast corrected predicted. 


I taped the sign to a large plastic container and filled it with 500 pennies...500 wishes that I hope come true. 

I had intended to check back on the pennies later in the day but the city was quite congested due to a convention downtown and we weren't able to check on it's progress.  I hope the dreams of locals on lunch, musicians looking for their big break, and tourists on vacation come true!


After years of my mom reaching into her purse in search of change for me to toss into countless wishing wells, I finally had an opportunity to fund her wish.  I will forever remember watching as she selected her lucky penny from the bin and tossed it over her shoulder with her eyes closed. 

It was my wish come true. 

"Find a penny, pick it up, all the day you’ll have good luck. 
Give it to a faithful friend, then your luck will never end."
- Origin unknown

If you'd like to download a sign to leave with some pennies at a fountain near you, click on the image below.  (:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment