Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Week 42: Post-Quarantine Kindness


The world is opening back up, and I've been focusing my attention on helping those who were out of work or had to close or modify their businesses during the stay-at-home orders.

One way I've been trying to help is by giving big tips when I can. 

My son was the first in our family to get a post-quarantine haircut. (Lucky duck!)

Him and I, my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew, all have the same stylist: the friendly and uber-talented Leah! When I say we love her, I mean we LOVE her!

A visit to Leah at Special Effects in Mequon is guaranteed to brighten my day, even if I'm in a good mood when I arrive. I don't know that I've ever met a sweeter human. 

My brother, son, and my hair is thick and grows really fast, making the quality of our cuts important, making it REALLY important when we're going months in-between cuts (whether intentional or "unprecedented"). I can't tell you the number of times during quarantine my son and I talked about how we appreciated our hair growing out looking as good as it possibly could. 

That's just one of the reasons she got a 100% tip when she cut my son's hair.


Same thing with the local coffee shops in my town of Cedarburg who were hit hard during the stay-at-home orders...they've been receiving big tips in appreciation of their amazing products and service too!

Who in your life has been affected financially during the first half of 2020? How can you help?

Maybe take this big tip idea and run with it.

Perhaps you could make a social media post singing their praises to boost their business.

How about committing to gifting items produced or sold in local shops for birthdays and holidays this year?

Every gesture you make, small or large, is sure to encourage a smile and have a ripple effect in the lives of those in your community.

What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment