Monday, July 22, 2024

Week 4: Kind Cards on Cars


What a week we had here in the United States. This year, in this decade's history book, is going to need it's own section. 😅 (← That has quickly become my most-used emoji as I try to laugh off stress. 😅 See?! 😂)

Annnnyway...I figured it was a good week to do a throwback to a prior act of kindness from four years ago: leaving messages of positivity on random people's cars. 

I created a PDF, took it to Office Max to get printed on cardstock, cut them out while watching an episode of Young Sheldon with my daughter, and then started "littering" love in the parking lots while I ran errands over the weekend. 

The world doesn't feel really comfortable right now, and I know it can be heavy to carry around all of the uncertainty. I hope that these simple messages of hope and support encourage a few smiles this week, and going forward (I plan to keep them in my car and pepper parking lots as needed). 

Perhaps these cards will get passed along. 

Maybe someone will use theirs as a bookmark for a consistent reminder.

It's quite possible some people got to their cars, saw the card on their window, and rolled their eyes. But I hope in those situations, the knowledge that people are out here trying to brighten their little corner of the world makes an impact, no matter how small. 

And I hope that knowing that, reading this, helps you a little bit too. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment