Monday, January 13, 2020

Week 21: Closing Cards


I LOVE being a realtor in the Milwaukee area.

I enjoy seeing inside so many houses, I appreciate spending time in different neighborhoods and learning what each community has to offer, and I feel fortunate to help people sell their houses and beyond blessed that I get to help them find the home lifelong memories will be made in!

Because of those feelings, after each close, I take a portion of my payment and give it away.

This time, it was at my local Aldi.

I bought a few gift cards earlier in the week when I was in picking up a few things and had intended to distribute them the next day. But the week got away from me, as it so often does.

Finally, on Friday, after picking my daughter up, we swung by and handed out the gift cards to some very friendly people.

I had walked into the store feeling tense and a little crabby after a stressful week.

But after giving away the cards, hugging strangers (the sweetest mom of 3 with a gorgeous baby girl!), connecting with new people (a quirky elderly man reading the labels of the spice jars with a magnifying glass), I walked out smiling as I told my daughter, "There, now I feel a whole lot better!"

The more you give, the more you get.

Every. Single. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment