Thursday, August 8, 2024

Week 6: Presents for Those with Paws


This activity is memory of my sweet Maude who passed away last year. I miss you every day, baby girl. 

Last week my daughters and I went to the store and bought loads of dog and cat toys to donate to The Humane Society. It was fun squeezing and shaking and throwing the different offerings, talking about which pets of ours would have loved which toys. 

I've had a handful of dogs in my life and each of them has preferred something different in toys. Some liked soft rubber squeakers, some liked justtheright texture of a plush toy, none have loved the crinkle toys. 

And while I've never shared my home with a cat (I'm allergic), I've spent time with a few at the barns my daughter rides horses at and love watching their unique personalities come out at playtime too. 

All this to say, I hope we got something for everyone. 

Please note: Adoptions and visiting hours are currently suspended at the Ozaukee County Humane Society due to a personnel shortage.

Be sure to call ahead with your specific needs other than donations, which can be left in the handy dandy bin outside their front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment