Thursday, August 29, 2024

Week 9: In-Flight Florals


I always have my carry-on bag packed and my TSA PreCheck number handy. 

Why? For almost three years I've been averaging 30 flights a year. 

Why? I have a job I can do primarily from anywhere, friends and family spread across the country, and a boyfriend who lives in Colorado the majority of the year. Therefore, two to three times a month one of us travels to see the other, or we meet in another location.

I feel incredibly blessed to not only have Mark in my life but that we are fortunate to adventure together, seeing and doing new things in this amazing world we live in. And I am so grateful for the airlines (primarily United) and their employees who do the heavy lifting (figuratively and literally - I am not a light packer 😅) to make the back and forth possible. 

And so last week, after six days in Colorado (and one in Wyoming to visit my first hot spring), we stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up bouquets of flowers for me to hand out on my journey home. 

The TSA agent at my little-known airport PreCheck point received a bouquet. Being accustomed to getting at least a bit of bitterness each day, boy, was she ever surprised. ;)

The Terminal B gate agent was given flowers. "Really?!" she asked. "Absolutely!" I confirmed.

The head flight attendant was handed an arrangement as well as both pilots upon my boarding. 

I went to the back of the plane and said "This is for you" as I handed the other flight attendant a bouquet. She asked, "Are you sure?" I said, "Yes, of course!" 

As I made my way back to my seat, I heard a woman boarding say to the crew "You got flowers too? The gate agent also had some. How fun!" And it was!

I also gave flowers to the guy waiting to deliver a wheelchair as I walked off the plane. 

And the last bunch was handed to my usual shuttle driver who takes me back to my car after each trip. 

It takes a village to keep this long-distance love feeling much closer than 1,000 miles apart. And until the gap can be closed (soon-ish!) I'll continue to be grateful for and kind to everyone who helps us along the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment