Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 35: Paper Chain Countdown

Hello, all you cool cats and kittens!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...it's a sign of the times and a subject the friend I'm about to mention and I've exchanged numerous texts about.


I never intended to write about what I'm about to for this week's Kindness Countdown blog post, but it's such a simple idea that my friend said meant a lot, and since the purpose of writing a blog about these acts of kindness each week is to hopefully encourage others to spread some love, I'm sharing it (but I'm keeping the details private).

I have a friend who's counting down to a big day. To help make the waiting a little bit more fun, I made her a paper chain and left it on her back door while she was at work.

I come from a long line of paper-chain makers/lovers. We made them for loads of things when I was growing up...and I've never really stopped.

I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I think I'll make a paper chain" or "You should make a paper chain" when talking with a friend for family member about something exciting and heard them laugh as though it was a joke.


You'd think, after almost 45 years, they'd understand I take excitement, joy, and anticipation quite seriously, that I'd never joke about something as serious as a paper chain, but alas, here we are. Hopefully reading this in black and white will erase all confusion, set the record straight, and garner paper chains everywhere with the respect they've long deserved! ;)

Do you know someone looking forward to something special? Maybe a big birthday? An anniversary? The start of a new job? A family reunion or house closing? An extra-special concert? The end of quarantine? I kid, kind of...

Surprise them with a paper chain!

It's such a simple thing to do, and according to my friend brings upon a smile and is "incredibly thoughtful."

Spread the love! Share in the joy! Make them smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment